Monday, August 4, 2014

..:Weekend away!:..

via
I always feel like I leave school in June, after closing down my classroom thinking the summer ahead is going to be endless. Then, I sit here at the start of August and wonder where in the world it went and what the heck I could have possibly done with all my free time!?






Our summer has been extra crazy this year due to selling a house, moving back in with my parents, heading to Hilton Head for a few weeks, hubs studying most days, house hunting, etc. I honestly can't even believe its less than 12 days till we have to go back to school! AHH!


That being said, hubs and I wanted to get away before it was back to work for me. So, we planned a last minute trip up to Michigan for the weekend and will be here till Tuesday! But, so far this weekend we have relaxed and enjoyed ourselves greatly! Today, we went to Frankenmuth, Michigan to visit the Christmas store. It was rather large but I was not overall impressed with what the store had to offer. I had very high expectations of a huge elf factory, but it just reminded me of an ornament store. Although, we still managed to have a good time with hubs sister and her fiancé!
 


















Today, we are headed to scope out the Bay City area! Hoping to find a nice lake beach we can sit out on and some neat attractions to see!



Then, Tuesday we will head on home, do some laundry and head out to a bed and breakfast for 2 nights in NY on Wednesday! It will be a great week to send off summer vacation! 

Next week, back to the classroom to get ready for all my little kinder babies :)






                                  As always, linking up to tell you all about my weekend!
The Rachael Way



post signature

6 comments:

  1. This is the first time I had a summer off completely and I'm feeling the same way you do--what did I do with myself?? How will I survive with very little free time? Haha..Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it crazy?! I really feel school was just out!!

      Delete
  2. Since my mom's a teacher, I totally get this feeling! So wonderful you were able to squeeze a mini-vaca in before school starts back up! I love Christmas stores, especially in July when it's still half a year away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel the same way about summer...and then here it is August 4th & I just got my staff development itinerary in the mail & go back to work in 9 days...gross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. such a bitter sweet time, so excited to go back but sooo not ready!

      Delete