Tuesday, July 22, 2014

..:i teach:..


Today, my teacher girls and I are headed to Ikea! I am so excited and have a laundry list of things I want for my classroom. Probably will have to hide all the goodies until school starts as we are going to be *hopefully* moving soon! I wanted to take a moment to talk about my 'job' it seems silly but as the school year get closer, I (don't you dare tell anyone else this!) am a tad excited to get back into my classroom. Something about a new school year makes me still giddy!

I teach. I am a teacher, a friend, a student, a 'mother figure'. I wrangle 20+ kids on a daily basis under the age of 6. I dance, I sing, I clap, I cry, I skip, I hop, I say things I never thought I would *see: don't pee on the walls, that's not chocolate milk on the floor*... at least not until I had my own kids, but above all else, I teach.

I teach little munchkins how to find their name and locker on the first day of school. I peel kids away from parents while they both cry. I make phone calls and send emails everyday. I walk into my job thinking I have the best job in the whole world and can leave feeling like I never want to come back. 

It's all part of the same beast. 



KINDERGARTEN

You can't explain teaching to someone that's not in this profession. Much like every other job in the world, no one really understands everything that goes into my little four wall, box of a room and most of you would vomit to know what really happens in that classroom bathroom!!!

I get called Mom, Grandma, Teacher, etc. on a daily basis and getting married in the middle of a school year... I mean what was I thinking lol, they had no idea who I was! 

I have been teaching 3 years now. I love the stories, the kids, the growth, my school and my friends. I work with the best people around, and that makes all the difference.

You see, I knew I wanted to be a teacher since I was an itty-bitty-3-year-old. I stood up at preschool graduation and thought it was my show to run #truth. I announced to everyone that I wanted to be a teacher, like my mom. Teaching is hard. I would be lying if I told you anything different. It tests your limits but then I sit and think of any other job I could have and I realize, there is not any place different I would rather be. I am a teacher.

If you can read this. Thank your favorite teacher, they would love to hear from you...
post signature

2 comments:

  1. As much as I never want summer to end, the idea of getting a fresh new start always excites me. I really do love planning for the first month or so of the school year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it the best :) it is like christmas!

      Delete